vrijdag 3 december 2010

Koffiepunx #8: The riot before.

Vorige week zaterdag speelde in Arnhem een band die ik nog niet kende: The Riot Before. En een schone jongedame uit Nijmegen die mij dit liedje wist aan te smeren.

The Riote Before-Words written over coffee.

Pages filled cover the floor
all covered up with ink

Words written over coffee
document my struggling

Those mornings spent sitting alone
mourning alone in grief

For all I killed in search of honesty


See I used to be a mustard seed shouting at the mountain

I used to hang my head when it stayed far from the ocean

I used to claim its failure and from the depths of depression
I cried to god but god did not respond

Like a barrel chested strongman I suspended disbelief

I held it high over my head though all the weight was staggering
But legs buckled and muscles burned, in came gravity I dropped it all,
faced what I'd been avoiding

For many years I walked that road, for many years I tried

So earnestly I sought the relationship advertised

But my empty hands, my empty heart, could no longer be denied

Yeah I quit, I forfeit eternal life
I did not take inheritance when I left to go away
I did what was commanded when that rich man asked to be saved
I left my friends my family behind all for heaven's sake
I am no prodigal and this is no mistake

So I'm sorry mom I'm sorry dad, I really want you to be proud

Don't want to disappoint you all, don't want to let you down

But I have stopped searching for truth hiding behind heaven's cloud

Don't save my place, of this race I do bow out


Youtube.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten